Today's Low-cost, High-impact Marketing Ideas focus on Media.
For the full list of ideas, organized by category, check out this post.
- I am starting to Advertise in our Local Parenting magazine. First I called some current advertisers and asked how good their results were, and they all said business was great from the magazine. So Now I am starting a small ad.
- I emailed our local TV station - with information about ETSY - maybe will get some adv. out there for all of us. Will let anyone know if this works and possibly others in other areas might try.
- If you have a day job and they have a staff newsletter, with a 'social' section, get yourself in it. Especially if you're at a local craft fair or taking part in charity events.
- Start writing a regular newsletter and invite blog readers to opt in to your newsletter mailing list
- I used to be my hometown's photographer and our editor was always desperate for stories. I remember she sent me out to photograph a man making balloon animals for kids in the park, a kids' lemonade stand that made over $20 one hot day, and a family pitching a tent in the local campground. Check with your newspaper. They might be hungry for feel-good stories that include a photo or two. Anything with a local spin is even better because it helps to sell papers.
- I did an article about our farm and my creations for Storque, and that sent my sales through the roof
- Why not contact your local radio station and arrange for them to include your creations in a station giveaway or contest.
- What about writing an article for your local paper about Etsy and how it is helping people earn a living at home in these hard economic times? And there's so much more than the local paper....newsletters, community organizations, etc.
- One Etsy seller called the local newspaper about a large commission she had created. They sent out a reporter and photographer and she had a big write-up in the local paper with color pictures of her work, her studio, and everything.
As mentioned in this post, the ideas in this post came from my snippets of ideas saved from Etsy forum posts over the last year. If you provided an idea listed here, please comment and I'll credit the idea to you with a link to your shop, ok?
Did you like this post? How about subscribing in a reader or by Email?