Today's Low-cost, High-impact Marketing Ideas focus on Magazine Submission & Article Writing.
For the full list of ideas, organized by category, check out this post.
- I've been entering contests for publication and other such opportunities. Art Jewelry Magazine has a gallery section and one of my necklaces will be featured in the July issue which I'm excited about.
- I usually just check out the magazines I like and follow their submission requirements - I'm new to this type of promotion but it's fun and it really only takes a moment to fill out the submission info. They had my necklace for several months, but it's back safely and it's pretty neat to be in print - I recommend trying it out!
- Another idea is to enter your crafts into contests...such as the county fair. Winning competitions and contests is a good way to get your name out there and win some money or recognition to boot!
- Write a book review. This one is even shorter, only about 200 words. The book should be something somehow connected to creativity. So that will probably be non fiction. I'm obviously not saying that this should be the book where you get all your ideas/instructions from (if you do get ideas/instructions from books) Like at Amazon.com
- Write an article for a 'zine. Write about something you're interested in, not about your shop. It shouldn't be too stressful, try thinking about it like a blog entry. The byline would have your name and a link to your site.
As mentioned in this post, the ideas in this post came from my snippets of ideas saved from Etsy forum posts over the last year. If you provided an idea listed here, please comment and I'll credit the idea to you with a link to your shop, ok?
Did you like this post? How about subscribing in a reader or by Email?