Monday, July 6, 2009

151 Guerrilla Marketing Ideas :: Wholesale

Today's Low-cost, High-impact Marketing Ideas focus on Selling Wholesale.

For the full list of ideas, organized by category, check out this post.

  1. As far as some of my larger orders - I actually approached people I know who use large quantities of canes or beads on my own online and bead shops offline. Most of them at least heard me out and I got enough orders written that it's made it profitable over the years. Neither of those are quick fixes though - six months to a year before they start showing results.
  2. http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2006/01/wholesale_retai.html
  3. I priced my products with wholesale in mind from the start and think it's really important to figure out how to do that if you want to make a living from your work
  4. Also, several customers found me at craft shows
  5. have made for you custom POS fixtures, and offering a discount when they buy a whole fixture's worth, can be real money makers. Buyers like to get in and out easy, and If you have on display a whole filled fixture, with a price list for the exact items on the fixture, they tend to just buy twice as much
  6. Wholesale trade shows and trade magazines such as The Gift Shop magazine
  7. http://qbranchltd.blogspot.com/2008/02/selling-wholesale-part-i.html
  8. http://www.designspongeonline.com/bizladies
  9. I found that directly targeting stores myself is too time consuming. That just did not work for me.
  10. When I first started looking for wholesale accounts, I definitely did some soliciting. I created some line sheets (there are lots of examples out there if you google it) and attached them with a brief note of introduction. It worked surprisingly well, and really got my foot in the door
  11. Get sales reps! You pay them 15% of the sales, you sit back and listen to the fax ring in your orders, pay them commissions on a monthly basis, on PAID SALES ONLY!
  12. The first thing you should do is post that you wholesale in your shop announcement. That is the easiest way to start. Most people are looking for a catalog, if you convo me, I'll send you the link to my catalog.

As mentioned in this post, the ideas in this post came from my snippets of ideas saved from Etsy forum posts over the last year. If you provided an idea listed here, please comment and I'll credit the idea to you with a link to your shop, ok?







Did you like this post? How about subscribing
in a reader or by Email?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - I appreciate all comments, questions, praise, criticism, suggestions, requests, reports ...