Today's Low-cost, High-impact Marketing Ideas focus on URL Tagging.
For the full list of ideas, organized by category, check out this post.
- I like to post my URL only in weird places so people go out of curiousity. I do most of my advertising (for my own webpage, my etsy shop is not up yet) on Public Transit. I have a rubber stamp with my URL and I will warm it in my hand for a few minutes, then stamp with no ink onto the frosted or icy walls of the bus shelter. It "etches" the URL in and it stays there until the next thaw and people come out of curiousity. I live in Canada, so I can easily do the ice stamp and it will stay there for a few months. I guess it won't work for some of you guys down there. Maybe you could write your URL in the sand at the beach?, so the ice stamp can stay there for 5 months sometimes.
- Put your shop url on any form you have to fill out at the doctor's, credit card applications, etc. Also enclose with bill payments.
- I've got my etsy site address on the back window of my car
- Magnetic car stickers & bumper stickers = http://www.vistaprint.com/car-magnets/car-door-magnets.aspx?GP=4%2f25%2f2009+6%3a01%3a46+PM&xnav=top&rd=21
- I have a decal on my car windows with my etsy username, shop address and tagline. I have the same info on a tote bag that I basically use for a purse
- Temporary tattoos
- my myspace name is my actual website
- Put a link to my store and "Come see what I made!" in my email signature.
- If you have an actual physical location, or are at a craft fair with sidewalks, use sidewalk chalk. "Awesome cool Whatever It Is You Make" and an arrow works amazingly well.
- I write my web address and add a graphic using a stencil with chalk on the sidewalks wherever me and the kids go
- I remember someone saying they go to Best Buy and put all the internet linked computers on her Etsy shop. Ditto for the Mac store
- Put stickers or get a stamp made with your web url/shop name etc. and stick them on and stamp anything :)
- When paying bills, sending mail, even send them to school with the kids on notes to the teacher, hand one to the door greeter at wal-mart
- in chat rooms i tell people not to look in my shop
- Oh yeah, I have my url on my envelope labels too.
- I also have my URL on the back of my car, super big! The sticker only cost me $20 and you can read it from a few car lengths away!
- I have a return address label that has my return address on it and 2 spaces below has my Etsy website. I asked my Postmaster if that was OK & he said "fine".
As mentioned in this post, the ideas in this post came from my snippets of ideas saved from Etsy forum posts over the last year. If you provided an idea listed here, please comment and I'll credit the idea to you with a link to your shop, ok?