She's going to practice on a few more recent pictures first.
I wish we lived closer, but with over 1700 miles between us, I emailed her some instructions that I would like to share with you as you learn to navigate the wonders of flickr.
How to upload from the flickr website:
- Go to http://www.flickr.com/ and log in to your account. If you don't have an account, you can log in with your Yahoo identity.
- You can upload photos in a couple of ways. The easiest is to click "Upload Photos & Video" then click "Choose Photos & Video." Then navigate to the folder on your computer where you have your images stored and click on them.
- Click Upload.
- When you open the folder where your pictures are, click View on the top task bar then click Thumbnails to see the actual pictures.
- Use your mouse and drag to select several pictures in a block.
- To select several in a linear manner, hold down the shift key on the keyboard and use your mouse to click the first and last image in the series that you want to select. Let up on the shift key when you're done clicking with the mouse.
- To select a few pictures from the group, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and then use your mouse to click the pictures you want. Let up on the CTRL key when you're done clicking with the mouse.
How to upload via email:
- The first time you want to do this, you will need to log in to your Flickr account and click the dropdown arrow for You and select Your Account.
- Click the link that says Email.
- Click your Flickr upload email address and attach the photos to the email that opens up. You can also save this email address and email pictures to your flickr account without having to go to flickr.
Note: When you email photos to your flickr account, they will be public and visible to anyone. If you want to keep them private, just email them to your flickr email address and add +private to your address so instead of firstname.lastname@example.org it will be email@example.com You can change the photos from private to public later, when you log into your flickr account. For more flickr email tips, follow the first two of the email steps and click the edit link to the right of your flickr email address.
(And remember, all comments are do-follow, so your comment left here supports YOU.)