Monday, March 9, 2009

Tiny URL

Do you use Twitter, Facebook, My Space, or any other social networking site to promote your stuff? Here's a quick tip I know you'll love.

Instead of sharing links that look like this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&abauth=dc54c8b8%3Abzin0J3kWBexWkninqNwUy5d4_0&sll=45.519836%2C-122.676035&view=map&hl=en&q=the+greek+cusina&btnG=Search+Maps


You can turn them into tiny URLs like this: http://tinyurl.com/cmapvu

Both the long URL and the tiny one are for the same exact webpage - a Greek restaurant up in Portland that I love. (Heck, I even love the big purple octopus above the door. But that's me; I'm a little goofy. Click on the street view to see what I'm talking about. Yes, it's overcast. It's winter in Portland! But I digress...)

I've added the link to TinyURL.com in my sidebar. You can also play around with it below.


Enter a long URL to make tiny:













Did you like this post? How about subscribing in a reader
or by Email?

(And remember, all comments are do-follow, so your comment left here supports YOU.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - I appreciate all comments, questions, praise, criticism, suggestions, requests, reports ...