Thursday, July 10, 2008

How do you promote yourself?

Reading various Etsy forums, I have started to notice a particular topic over and over:

"How do I promote my blog and/or store?"

I'd like to use my blog to post interviews with several Etsians/bloggers about their experience using various tools and techniques to help everyone else with this question.

By tools I mean those little badges you have on your blog sidebar, like:
  • As seen on Delightful Blogs
  • Blog Catalog
  • The Mom Blogs
  • Entrecard
  • Advertising via Project Wonderful or Indiego

And techniques such as:
  • Posting in the Etsy forums
  • Commenting on other blogs
  • Participating in communities like Indiepublic or MySpace

When publishing the interview with you, I'd like to include a little bit about you, share links to your blog and/or Etsy store, and show off some of your pictures.

Hopefully this info will help others figure out where to start and which direction to head with this overwhelming amount of choices for promotion.

If you are interested, please post a comment here with links to your blog and Etsy store, if you have one. I'll work my way through the list and contact everyone and start sending out interviews.

Sound good?
Good.
Can't wait to hear from you!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - I appreciate all comments, questions, praise, criticism, suggestions, requests, reports ...